Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday classes

I wanted to share a little more of the parade acvivities from yesterday. In all of the alfombras that I have seen, they have been made of flowers and sawdust. Yesterday, there were pieces of material in some of the alfombras. At first I did not know what was happening as people ran into the streets, practically knocking each other down! The lady is the skirt is going for her third piece of material and she is meting some resistance.

After the parade passes and the material scarfers get what they want, the street cleaners come in...........and sweep up the streets. It is sad because so much work and preparation goes into this and then it all ends up in the black plastic bag :(

Today we had our usual breakfast before heading off to school. Gerson met me at the door and we went up to our usual table and began. He was pleased with my story even though there were a few mistakes.

After class, I decided to do the tour of Xela with one of the other teachers and his student. I did not take many photos since I have already explored Xela. I did take this photo from one from the second level of a building only used for government and official meetings. This presentation is done with plants.

Home for the night..........home work is done and I am ready for tomorrow.

No comments: