Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update on Diego

Clinic today was good and we had 12 patients. We had a few sick children and one lady that will need to return for a pap smear. I will soon have the opportunity to learn how to do these. It will help our clinics on Thursday and will prevent ladies from having to return another day.

This little girl was waiting for her mom as she was having some dental work down. She spent about 5 minutes meticulously folding and refolding her blanket until she had it perfect!

After clinic I walked to the hospital to visit Carlos again. Last time I visited him, he was out of ICU and did not have a fever. Today he had a fever again and they had to manipulate his chest tube because it is still draining fluid from his left lung. I was hoping it had been clamped but not yet :(
Please continue to pray for him, his mom and dad. This is a photo of him and his mom.

This is the Carlos and the bear that Aura helped me buy on Sunday. His mom said it has stayed in bed with him every day. When I asked him what his friend's name was he told me, "Bear." :)
Talk about a blast from the past. When I was walking home, I walked past a typing class! There were about 10 students using typewriters, non-electric ones.......remember those?? I could hear them pounding away on those keys!

I also saw some guys that use study English with us on Sundays. They had not heard that the classes had restarted so they said that they will be at there on Sunday.

Plums are in season now and I love them! They are small, purple and sweet. As I was buying a pound of them the lady gave me one to try. I did not want to be rude so I ate it and it and then hoped for the best. It was just one of those moments where you simply eat it and block all other thoughts from your mind.

Tonight I spoke with Jane in NC. Jane and Susan were here on April 3, helping to find children that needed surgery. I gave her an update on the babies that will hopefully have surgery in August. When Edison receives his lab work results, I will try and go to Pana to prevent them from coming to Lemoa.

Tomorrow is another adventure in Paxot II where Juan lives. I pray we have a lot of patients and it is a good clinic.

No comments: