Monday, February 25, 2008

A day of study.....

Today I spent the day studying and preparing for class tomorrow. I have the handouts typed for the promoters. I have almost finished my English as a Second Language program and should have that behind me in a few more days.

I went to meet Katy for dinner tonight and on the way I finally saw one of my "angels" in the street. I have not seen her since Christmas and had no way of finding out what was wrong. When she saw me, she almost passed in front of a tuk-tuk and it really made her family and me nervous! They probably were wondering why she was so excited........they watched us hug from a distance and are still probably wondering who that pale girl is. She asked me how my Christmas was and asked about my parents. She told me that she had fallen and has been very sick. Katy and I walked back to my house and got a small gift I bought for her at Christmas and we took it to her house........it made my day!!!

The photo below is of Manuel's parents. My dad took this photo of them while we where in Paxot II for clinic. At first they were standing a foot apart with straight faces. Someone approached them from behind, grabbed his arm and placed it on his wife's shoulder!! Well, this is not a typical Guatemalan stance so everyone started laughing and it made a wonderful photo!

No comments: