Saturday, December 8, 2007

Quiet and peaceful Satuday......

Today is a day to relax, clean and get caught up on studying. I slept until 0800 which is very unusual and it was wonderful.

When I was sweeping and mopping my floor this morning my phone rang and it was Gaspar. He simply asked me to pray for him because he is studying the Bible with some ladies in his community. I told him that I would pray for him and to remember that God is with him today. God will provide him with the thoughts and the words he needs to teach the Bible. As stated in I Peter 3:15, we always need to be ready to give an answer when we are questioned about the hope that we have. We need to respond with gentleness and reverence.

In most blogs, I focus on the medical clinics we have since that is the area that I work most with. During this time we introduce Jesus to the patients and pray with them. Many times there are members from the local Church to also talk with patients. There are other aspects of the work that branch into teaching and sharing the hope that Christians have. People are people, no matter what county they live in. Most struggle with physical, emotional and spiritual problems. We are here to share the hope we have so they too can experience peace and eternal life. Medicine can only help the temporary, God has the answers for eternity.

There are other studies that are taking place so please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Gaspar has also been studying with a group of people that are having problems and they have asked him to help them study the Bible for a better understanding. Juan has also spent time with a family in his community that is struggling.

I will update you as I hear what results from these studies.......hopefully, people will have soft hearts and respond to the Spirit (Romans 8:14).

No comments: