Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Morganton, NC!

We celebrated Christmas today with my grandmother.

I did not have a Christmas tree this year..........which is nothing new..........bah humbug.........but felt like I should decorate something, so I found some garland and put it to good use.

I guess holidays were created for a good excuse to eat more than usual. We tried again to scale down our menu but we left the house with ham, dressing, potatoes, gravy, broccoli salad, rolls and pie. Angie brought a wonderful cranberry/ raspberry salad and another dessert with chocolate, caramel and pecans. Paige came from her job and also brought ham, green beans, dressing..........needless to say, no one left hungry.

The bottom photo is of my family, which is not an easy accomplishment. My parents are behind me, my brother Mike, his wife Angie, their daughter Paige and my grandmother.
I hope you enjoy your Christmas with your family and friends as much as we did!

2 comments:

Gaymarie said...

Sheri,

Happy New Year. It looks like you are having a marvelous holiday. I cant wait to see the pics of the quilt. Love, Gaymarie

Anonymous said...

Sheri: You don't know me or my wife Juanita. We are friends of your Mother and Dad. We think the world and all of them. I wish I knew where your mother gets all her engry. We have been on a couple of cruises with them and they is no way we can keep up with them, but we enjoy every minute that we are able to grab with them.
Your parents are so proud of you and I think the work you are doing is great and if I were younger I would fine some way to be involded. I keep thinking I should speak to our Priest about doing something, but we have had one to died and another to run off and get married and the third one retired. This left him to take care of 3 large parish plus his own, which is huge. He has a new none starting Jan. 15 so maybe if he gets things together soon I will say something. Well as usual I
have talked to much so I will close.You all have a very Happy New Year.

Tom