Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Run Down of May Surgical Team

As we are preparing for the June teams, I want to give an update on the events of the May trip.

It was a hard working team and they provided a great service.  They completed 72 surgeries and there were no complications......thank you, Lord!

There was also a team in Chichicastenango, so the Dunhams and the nurses were not able to join us.  I missed having them with us.  They are a great addition during a surgical team.  During the week, Lisa helps see patients in consults and Kemmel is always around, which is an additional bonus.

Dr. Walter provided information on Sunday afternoon and Alejandra translated for him. We had a lot of new people on the team.......and that is always nice!

 
After lunch, we had an orientation with the nursing staff, caregivers and translators.
 
As mentioned, during the week, 72 surgeries were done.  We also had two dentists spend their days in the dental area.  We also had a dermatologists and we kept him busy with patient consults during the week.
 
When Friday arrived, it was time to head to Antigua to rest for the day.
 
 One more photo of the dorm that is being constructed. In the middle of the photo, you can see that someone specifically designed a cross and covered it in different plastic.
 
 
When the team left for Antigua, I headed to Chichicastenango with the translators.  I had one night in Chichi and I found my happy place there.  I had dinner with Lisa and Kemmel.....we talked about our week of events and just enjoyed time catching up.  On Monday, I will head to the states and spend a couple of weeks with my parents.
 
The perfect night in Chichi!
 

 



 


No comments: