Friday, June 14, 2019

We Shall Do This Again!

This will be the last post from my house in Chichicastenango.  It has been a little over twelve years since I found several homes for all my belongings and moved to Guatemala.  I have countless, wonderful memories. I never have regretted moving here.

I will be returning to lead teams and to help out whenever I can.  I will just be in the states a little more and also in Montellano a few more times a year. I will be visiting places that want to hear more about Health Talents and recruiting staff for the surgical clinics.

It is impossible to reflect on everything that I have leaned and how I have changed. Kemmel, Lisa and those that we work with have made significant impacts on my life.  Thank you!  I never say it enough.

When you think of those that influence your life, sometimes it is not those that you would think.  Someones, it is not someone that you see often.  Below is one lady that I think of often and when I think of her, I think of humility. An attribute that is of value and one that is worthy pursuing. Humility should impact our actions.  It is not a weakness but it is a strength. Our worship should be filled with humility. Our relationship with family and friends should reflect humilty.  Christ was covered in with blood, perspiration, pain and humilty as he walked to the cross.

 I never want to forget these twelve years and the experiences that we have had together.

So, this will be my last blog as I pack up the house.  Tonight, we will have a dinner together and I look forward to it and I also dread it. I knew this day would come.

Kemmel will swing by and pick me up in the morning. He told me, ¨There is no bus for this trip to Antigua.¨  Lisa will need to stay back for clinic with the MET Interns but they have a raincheck for NiFu-NiFa and I look forward to that!

So, wanting to end on a positive note, I will return in October and, "We Shall Do This Again!"



9 comments:

Mom said...

:(

Dr. Scott said...

What a blessing you have been to the residents and coworkers in that area. We’re prsying this is a good transition and that all of your talents will be put to good use.

Anonymous said...

Hola Sheri. My husband and I met you many years ago in Chichi - you were walking down from the Arco Gucumatz and I think, eating an ice cream cone. Over the years, I have followed your blog periodically and enjoyed reading about your work and adventures in Quiche and area. Thank you for the time you and your team have taken to develop and deliver the many training courses on various medical and life-skills topics.

Alice B. said...

Hi Sheri- the kingdom work you have begun will continue for eternity! The next Chapter of that work is begun. You have my prayers as you walk a new road and look forward to the sweet times of reunion ahead! God is good.

Lydia Alleyne said...

It was a blessing to meet you in Guatemala Sheri. Be blessed on your new adventure - enjoy the journey of life wherever it takes you!! Our paths will cross again in the future.������������

Anonymous said...

Beautifully expressed, my friend. Heartfelt and sincere. And in humility. Another chapter begins.....

Mom said...

It is always exciting to see what God has in store for you!!! My prayer is that you will always love and serve Him!!!! I love you!!!!!

Gwendolyn Schnell said...

An AMAZING journey!! COUNTLESS blessings!! Thank you for sharing so very much with all of us!! I have been blessed by a bus work from afar. ❤️ Your sister, Gwen

Gwendolyn Schnell said...

Sorry, it should read, I have been blessed by this work from afar. 😊