Sunday, May 5, 2019

Summary of Surgical Clinic

The week in Montellano went like a whirlwind but it was a great week.  We stayed very busy with a smaller group than usual.  It was nice to have those who have been with us before and also some new blood.  The whole GYN team were new and they were awesome to work with!  Please return!

This is Craig and I have know him for several years.  He has been coming to Guatemala with his family for many years since they are part of the congregation that support Kemmel and Lisa. They have always been very good to me and included me when they are here.  Craig brought morning and evening devotional thoughts to us and was even able to spend some time in the operating room.

Bob, joined us for the first time and he was our "Mr. Fixit"  One of his projects was to get the speaker system off the floor. He did a great job and I will think of him often when I am in Montellano.

We had several people helping to count medicine and package it to prepare for the medical mobile clinics.  Here my mom is joined by Mary and Kristi. All have been with us before and hope to see them again in the future.

On Thursday, several people took off for the chocolate farm and some of us stayed back to care for the few patients that were left.  The guy to the far right is Bryan. He is the grandson of the family that I rent from and he served as a translator. He did a great job and I hope that he will be able to join us again.

This was the less professional photo! Kristi!!    ha ha ha

This is the group that went out to the chocolate farm.  There is a Ceiba tree on the farm, which is the national tree of Guatemala.  Many grow over 230 feet in height and you can see how large the base of the tree can become.

Carol with one of her patients as she is ready to be discharged.

Mom in front of Montellano. This was her second trip here.

This is Ashlea, walking one of her patients back to the operating room.

These two, Dr. Randall and Dra. Lumby, were a blessing to us.  They were our anesthesiologists for the week.

This was our last few hours before we handed care over to the Guatemalan staff.  Henry, Ashlea and Debra were planning the care of the patients. 🤩🤩🤩🤩  That is it, Care Plans!!!

Our last photo before taking off for Antigua!

When we hit Antigua, everyone went in different directions.  Some of us went for a quick lunch and others went shopping.  There was an exhibit of bears in the central park.

Carol found a tipico dress for an upcoming event.

Mom and I flew back to Greensboro, NC and Dad picked us up at the airport.  Mom found this wire person very interesting.  I wanted her to crawl under the tape and sit on his lap but she was would not. Imagine that!?!?

I have not spent much time in the Greensboro airport but there are some interesting things!

I will have about two weeks at my parents and then I will return to Guatemala. I look forward to the time here and then it will be time to get back to work.









2 comments:

Mom said...

Great pic., great people and great memories!!!! Thank you, Sheri !!!!!! I'm ready to make, trip #6 !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip......Hope I can join you in the future