Monday, November 19, 2018

A Huehuetenango Get Away

A few weeks ago, six of us were able to go and visit Huehuetenango.  It is about 2 hours from Chichicastenango so it was not a bad drive. We got a small house on airbnb!  Andrea found a great deal for us and we all had a wonderful time

When we arrived, we ate dinner at a great place......and we had grilled lamb.  I would love to return to Huehue, even if it was for only that.

Josias, Andrea's brother, Andrea and Maria getting ready for some stiff competition!

We left the next morning at 0500 to watch the sunrise at Mirador Juan Dieguez Olaverri.  It has an elevation of 10,100 feet above sea level so the view was awesome.

We walked to the other side and saw a totally different view.

So this is Maria, Andrea, Edward and fernando.


We had stopped at the Despensa the night beforee we went up just to get a few things.  I bought some potato chips, to take up with us. I always thik of my dad when we have this bag of chips.

Maria and I waiting patiently for the sun to come up!

And there it is!  The first sight of it...................

We then loaded up to go have breakfast......and then to be on another adventure.  We drove a couple of hours to walk to the Magdalena Lake.  The terrain was beautiful and we were met by a herd of cows and sheep.  The sheep really caught my attention since this will be my next job in life. I just need to get a hat, as this lady wore.



These were my favorite photos of the day!


When we neared the lake, there were clean streams.

This gentleman collected our admission fee as he continued his work.

The terrain was very hilly and rocky.

The lake Magdalena.

The next day we went to see some ruins.  They were small but interesting.

They have been maintained and there were not a lot of people there.

Maria thought she could fly......and I bet she could!

We had a really good time.  Huehue is much cooler than Chichi is so I am thankful that I live in here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm so sorry,Sheri! I did not realize that I had missed seeing so many blogs. The pic. are beautiful !!!!!!!