Saturday, July 21, 2018

Trip to Antigua and Then to Montellano

After we finished the Pap/ IVAA clinic, I made my way to Antigua.  I arrived safely without any problem.  On Saturday morning, when I was walking around and getting things done, the hotel called me. The parking lot had called the hotel to let me know that over night, one of my tires had gone flat.  As soon as I was finished with my errands, I went to the parking lot to see what had happened.

Flat as flat could be.......................not one ounce of air in that tire.  Two guys at the parking lot helped me change it.  First, I had to call Kemmel since I could not get to the jack and things that I needed.  They are stored differently in this model of truck.  Once we got to the jack, we were on our way!

One of the guys offered to go with me to have the flat repaired. It was a little outside of Antigua but not far at all.  The guy there was really nice and this is what he pulled out.  I was expecting a nail or screw.........but it was a bone!  Very interesting!

Antigua was packed with people!  It has been a long times since I have seen it this full. For dinner I went to a Chinese place that I like and had chop suey.  It was very good!


In the morning, I am headed to Montellano to meet Cary, Rita and few others.  We are going to clean and go through two of the storage areas at the clinic. It will be very warm but I am hoping that we can get a lot done.




No comments: