Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday---worship, market and more ABC Children

This morning, we had a special worship time together.  Some of the group went with Lisa and Kemmel to Chintinimit, to a new congregation.  I had a hard time deciding what to do, so I asked Lisa and Kemmel for a rain check on that visit. 

Dale led us in a few songs.  Then Dave led us in some thoughts about the resurrection.  The Gospel or The Good News is that Christ died, was buried and resurrected.

I Corinthians 15:1-4----Now brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you,which you received and on which you have taken your stand.  By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firm to the word that I preached to you.  Otherwise, you have believed in vain.  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:  that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

Paul goes on to talk about other actions of Christ, but it is the gospel that saves us.  There is no other manner of salvation.  There are many things that are important in the Christian life, but Paul is plain about the first importance......the death, burial and resurrection.  If we miss this, we miss it all.

The market is always enjoyable, especially to people who have not been many times.

The luncheon buffet was made available to us and it was as good as always.  This year, is the first time that I remembered having strawberry pie.  I might have to return for pie and coffee later this week :)

Steve, Lydia, Somer and Haley had the opportunity to visit with Eria and her parents.  They live in Mactzul I and she is a child in the ABC Program. It was a wonderful time together.  Erica had made a large poster for the family, which I know they will cherish. 

Erica wanted Somer to polish her fingernails!  If you have ever thought about having an ABC Child, this photo will convince you!  You can tell that Erica really enjoyed her time with the family!

Erica brought Steve the colorful hat that is in his hand. I need to get a photo of him with it on!

It was a great close to the week..........what a week it was.

When I did the blogs after the clinics, I was disappointed with my photos.  I did not do a very good job of getting photos of everyone during the clinics.  I apologize..........but it also means that you will have to return :)

The team will now return to Guatemala City with Lisa and Kemmel.  We pray that they will have safe travels to the city and safe flights back to The States.  It is always exciting to have people come down and participate in the work here!  Thank you for all of your hard work!


No comments: