Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thursday in Lemoa

Today we met in Lemoa for our clinic. As always, we began our morning with cleaning and then our devotional. Marcos leads the devotional and then we have prayer requests. It seems that as time goes on, there is greater need for prayer and support from our fellow Christians.

Today was Nadia's last day with us. We pray that she will have a safe flight back to The States. I have enjoyed her helping me with my Spanish this week. Gaspar asked for prayers for his family. Martina and Maury also asked for prayers. We do not need to know the details to ask God to grant healing and peace. He knows what each of us needs more than we do. We always pray for safe travel and for the well-being of our patients.

There will be a surgical clinic at Clinica Ezell beginning on the 16th and then the board of Health Talents will be meeting shortly after that. We pray for safe travels, healing of the patients and that God will grant the board wisdom with the decision making.

Jesus talked a lot about prayer, unity and the importance of love.

John 15:9-17-----As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father I have made known unto you. You did not chose me but I have chose and appointed you to go and bear fruit----fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

Jesus spoke here in simple language for us to understand. If we remain faithful and follow His commands we will have His love. We are not servants. We are aware of His teachings so we are His friends. Let us continue to love, as He loved.......................

No comments: