Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cold Clinic in Las Trampas

As I was headed to Chichi, I received a call from Juan saying that there was another mudslide and that he was going to be about 20 minutes late. The roads seem to be more dangerous this year than they were last year. As Gaspar and I waited for Juan we were talking and then we saw a bus of clinic people leave the hotel parking lot. Gaspar said he had heard on the radio that a group from The States with dentists would be in Las Trampas today..........so, we knew what this meant :(

Juan arrived safe and then we took off for Las Trampas. When we arrived it was cold and lonely.......no patients were waiting for us :( We stayed and talked to two men from The Church for about 2.5 hours and we had 3 patients. I told the guys....."Three is better than zero, right??" hmmmmmm.............

We had to find some entertainment for ourselves. The guys were playing with their phones and radios so I pulled my camera out. I told Gaspar that he needed to jump up and preach for us!
When he was finished, I told Juan he needed to jump up and lead some singing.......
The guys will want more patients in the future just so they will not have to work at entertaining me!!

Tomorrow we have clinic in Lemoa and I am hoping for many, many patients.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheri! It is so great to be able to continue to read along in your blogs and to follow what you are doing down in Guatemala. I miss being down there so much. Julie from Health Talents came to Abilene Christian this week and we had a session with some students interested in the MET program. Kelsey and I were both able to show up, and we got to see the second draft of the MET promotional video. It was great to get to talk about some of my experiences this summer, and to be able to speak so highly of all the staff down there in Guatemala. Please tell everyone at the Clinic that I said hello, EVERYONE! :) I miss you all and keep you in my prayers. Stay safe, warm, and strong! Love you Sheri!

-Brett