Monday, August 4, 2008

Tuesday------surgery continues

The week continues with more surgery.

This is Lousia from La Estancia, where we have clinics. She thought she was going to have her surgery yesterday but was post-poned one day. A friend from Morganton, Evelyn, is going to help Louisa with her cost of the surgery. Thank you Evelyn! As I sat down next to Lousia, she pulled my arm around her neck........I was afraid I was going to choke her. She and her husband are really neat people. They helped Josefina and I establish clinics in their area last year. They are strong members of the local Church.

It is always good to have friends return.........this is Kay from Roswell, Georgia and Ronnie from Eaton, Colorado. I grabbed them out of the operating room for a photo.
It is always good to make new friends too.......this is Rhonda and Cathy from Montgomery, Alabama. I think they will return again :)
Julie is doing her monkey/puppet act that the children love. The second little girl is Irma and she lives in this area. For many times that she saw me, she would not talk to me. She would duck behind her dad and be very shy. Just last night, she started reaching out her hand for me to touch as I would walk by..........still not wanting to talk but that is ok. As they say here, "little by little." It is ok. Irma is having her palate repaired. She found someone in the past to repair her lip but now it is time for the palate which will make eating easier for her.
OK, we are ready for a celebration!! Can you guess who it is for?? Please continue to read the next blog because it was a special celebration!!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.