Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ABC dental clinic in Xepocol



The ABC dental clinic was a wonderful today. We had 25 medical patients and 28 dental patients. The first photo is of Josefina cleaning and preparing to see medical patients.

I worked in the pharmacy and loved it! Kemmel would sign the patients in and then I would do their vital signs. After they were seen, I would tell them about their medicines. We kept the flow of patients going and I love busy clinics like this.

The second photo is of the guys preparing the dental area. Maury is on the left, she is the new dental assistant. To her left is Juan, Tomas, Gaspar and Manuel. They are garbed up and ready for action!

The group of children were seen as patients and continued to smile through the day. Even though the day was primarily for children, we did have several older ladies who are widows or ladies who did not have any money for their medicine. I think it is a wonderful service that is provided and it reminds me of James 1:28, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

No comments: